Thursday, July 1, 2010

a new job

Well, it's been at LEAST six months since we've posted and not for a lack of content to post, either. I guess we've just been busy with all of the content we should be informing everyone of!! =)

Anyway, our latest news is that I (Kasey) will be taking on a new endeavor in my career.....I will be leaving my Algebra I classroom at Green County Middle School to work with a local educational cooperative that serves 33 districts in our area (including Hart and Green Counties) as their Mathematics Consultant. I am extremely excited about this new challenge as bittersweet as it is, because I have loved every minute of my last seven years at GCMS. I will miss working with so many people that have mentored and befriended me over these last years, but hopefully we will stay in touch with everyone as we will STILL be living in Green County and Leah will still be attending GCPS.

It will be a 45 minute commute to and from work each day and lot's of days I will be traveling to schools or conferences as well. And although that sounds like a negative, I am actually really excited about all of the different things that my job will entail and the "alone time" I will get in my car each day (hehe)!!

All else is well with the Bratcher Bunch!! Leah just turned SIX and I cannot believe how big Lex is getting either. They are both with Nana and Pop this week at DisneyWorld while Doug and I are at Crossings with our youth group. I'll post pictures when they get back.

No comments: